Sports Lab – Sports Medicine
Our sports medicine services include:
- Assessment and diagnosis of injuries or illness:
-Shoulder pain, knee, foot & ankle injuries
-Acute & chronic back pain
-Medical problems related to exercise
-Exercise and diet for the ‘metabolic syndrome’
- Management plans for complex cases
- Workplace injuries
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Non-surgical interventions
- PRP Injections
- Cortisone Injections
- Hyaluronic acid (Durolane or Synvisc)
- MRI Referrals
- Specialist Referrals
About Dr David Samra
Sport and Exercise Physician & Medical Doctor
Dr David Samra is a Medical Doctor who is also a trained Physiotherapist, having completed both degrees at the University of Sydney.
Dr Samra can be seen without a GP referral.
He holds a current position as a Club Doctor with the Sydney Swans, and has 3 years experience as a doctor at Sydney University Sport. He has also worked with Sydney FC, the Penrith Panthers, NSW Cricket and the NSW Institute of Sport.
With the appropriate indications, patients who are referred by Dr Samra for an MRI (of any of the following areas) can be fully Medicare rebated:
- Cervical spine
- Paediatric joints (under 16)
Dr Samra is a firm believer in life-long learning and research. His special interests include evidence-based utilisation of diet and exercise as medicine, as well as management of tendon disorders and osteoarthritis. He has published research on high ankle injuries and platelet-rich plasma injections. He possesses training and expertise in the use of injectable treatments (platelet-rich plasma, hyaluronic acid and cortisone, not stem cells) as adjuncts in managing indicated conditions. Dr Samra also utilises high quality point-of-care ultrasound to assist in diagnosis and treatment.
“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”- Khalil Gibran
Sports Medicine at Sports Lab also offers the opportunity for our unique integrated assessment and treatment system. In this system, patients have the benefit of Sports Lab’s high level of communication between the physician, surgeon and physiotherapist to achieve the most optimal results.
- ASSESSMENTS – Individual & Integrated Assessments
- INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATION – One on One Advice
- TEAM CONSULTATION – Advice for Groups & Teams
- TREATMENT PROGRAM – Clear Treatment Programs
- MANAGEMENT PROGRAM – What to Do After
- EDUCATION – Lectures & Educations Programs
- CAREERS – Career Advice for Allied Health Fitness