Physiotherapy for Dance, Pole & Circus Arts
Physiotherapy at Sports Lab includes the assessment and treatment of all musculoskeletal problems. This includes any injury to the muscles, bones or joints in the body, including the back and neck.
Dance, Pole & Circus Arts
Our Dance, Pole and Circus Arts physiotherapy services include:
- Circus Arts, Aerial &Pole Fitness Screening
- Dance Screening
- Flexibility Assessments
- Injury Prevention Screening
- Injury Diagnosis & Management
- Biomechanics Analysis
- Hypermobility Management
- Vocal Unloading
We understand the complex demands dancing places on the body (contemporary, ballet, ballroom, jazz, swing, latin, hip hop, street etc.). Our experienced dance physios consider age, skill level, training load, genre and your individual biomechanical demands for a targeted approach to treatment. We provide a thorough assessment and program for optimal recovery from injury, pain and movement dysfunction.
Pole, Aerial and Circus Arts Physiotherapy
We understand the various art forms and skills (pole, silks, acro, adagio, lyra, contorsion etc). Our physiotherapists understand the complexity and skill requirements of the aerial, pole and circus arts and can help you recover from injury, pain and movement dysfunction to achieve pain and injury free movement.
Performing Arts Physiotherapy
Actors, singers, musicians and performers place complex demands on their bodies. At Sports Lab we understand the physical requirements of all performance art forms. We offer targeted physiotherapy for musicians and vocal performers including specialised vocal unloading Physiotherapy for injury, pain or movement dysfunction.
Book a vocal unloading physiotherapy session (45 minute)
NOTE: This service is only temporarily unavailable. We expect to be able to offer this service again from April 2022.
• Physiotherapy assessment and management for the performance voice
• Clinical Pilates services with Pilates expert physiotherapist
• 1:1 or small group
• Dance specific strength and conditioning programs
Assessment, diagnosis and management of injury, pain or movement dysfunction.
Our APA Sports Titled physios all have Masters level training in Sports Physiotherapy and 12+ years of clinical experience and across many sports. They have a complex understanding of running and kicking sports (eg. football codes, martial arts), artistic sports (gymnastics, diving, cheer), functional movement and callisthenic training, swimming, skiing and much more.
Physiotherapy Screenings and Assessments for the uninjured. Book a physiotherapy screening appointment (45 mins) for any of the following:
• Dance – screening, assessment and exercise prescription – for dance injury prevention
• Circus and Aerial Arts – screening, assessment and exercise prescription – for circus and aerial arts injury prevention
• Sports Specific – Screenings, injury prevention assessments and targeted exercise prescription for: running, skiing, football codes and artistic sports
• Pre-pointe assessments – ensure pointe readiness
• Flexibility assessments – targeted assessment, education and exercise prescription to make flexibility gains safely
Book a standard physiotherapy/massage combined consultation (60 mins) for any of the following:
• Injury assessment, diagnosis and management
• Pain assessment, diagnosis and management
• Movement restriction or dysfunction assessment and management
• Hypermobility aches, pains and movement disorder management
Our Dance, Pole & Circus Arts Physiotherapists
Other Physiotherapy Expert Services
Sports Lab has several physios that are experienced in specific fields, including:
We Are Connected
Please visit our social media sites for useful information and resources.
“All things are difficult before they are easy.”By Unknown
Physiotherapy at Sports Lab also offers the opportunity for our unique integrated assessment and treatment system. In this system, patients have the option to be assessed (at the same time) by Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Muscle Therapy and Podiatry, in the one extra long session. Treatment is then based on consensus between therapists for the optimal result.
Disciplines at Sports Lab
Our integrated service disciplines are able to cover all of your health care needs, and are outlined below: