About Dietetics & Nutrition at Sports Lab Alexandria
Consultations in these and many more areas:
- Weight management
- Diabetes, gestational diabetes and PCOS
- Cardiac and digestive health
- Paediatric and adolescent heath including eating disorders
- Individual services
- Professional consultancy services
- Sports nutrition
- Media, presentations & group talks
How can we help you?
Areas of Expertise
• Anti-aging & skin rejuvenation Taking a holistic approach to beautiful skin means you are not just seeing the aesthetic benefits of what the Double Bay Clinic has to offer, but also maintaining a youthful appearance and healing your skin from the inside out. Our successful holistic approach includes tailored programs based on individual nutritional needs as well as addressing any underlying inflammation that leads to skin imperfections and aging. We also offer fast tracked intensive programs for those who need results quickly, or who are #gettingready for an important event. Skin issues are largely due to a myriad of gut problems, including candida overgrowth, inflammation, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), leaky gut, insulin resistance, stress, hormones and food sensitivities to name a few. By addressing these issues through a bespoke supplement program and diet plan and performing a paneled food allergy test we can ensure you’re in your healthiest shape for your skin to be at it’s best, and to stay that way.
• Detoxification Overeating, alcohol, stress and pollutants can all play a part in low energy levels, headaches, fatigue, bad skin, cellulite and digestive issues to name a few. Learn how to eliminate these problems and clear your liver through my tailored detoxification programs, where you’ll learn the best and the worst foods for your health, as well as taking on healthy habits for life. Programs range from 7 days to 6 weeks depending on your liver clearance ability and its capacity at which to detoxify. Ideal for times after overindulgence, in between IVF treatments or in preparation of pregnancy.
• Weight management Have you been slogging yourself at the gym and counting your calories with little to no success? Weight management is so much more than simply calories in vs calories out. I look at tailoring a program to your needs including a diet plan that includes all your macro and micro nutrient intake and the right exercises for your body. There is no one size fits all program to weight loss and management, which is why I also look into weight contributing factors, such as: – Insulin resistance – Unstable blood glucose levels – Chronic stress and adrenal fatigue – Food sensitivities and allergies – Gut inflammation – Sub-optimal thyroid function – Nutrient deficiencies – Low serotonin levels leading to cravings – Emotional and behavioural eating Together we’ll work out whatever the underlying cause is to your unhappiness and help you achieve your ideal body composition. I wholeheartedly believe – and will teach you – that eating should never be driven by your emotions and cravings should never rule ones existence.
• Diet analysis and programs Whether it be weight loss, weight gain, muscle gain or simply weight management, I can take a comprehensive look at your diet to ensure you are meeting your nutritional, macro and micro nutrient requirements and portion size requirements to achieve your goals. I specialise in weight loss for anyone wanting to look amazing for a special event or simply wanting to get in shape. With clients losing up to 10cms off their waist in a matter of weeks, I am passionate about getting results and helping people feel good about themselves for the long term. For more information email email@example.com and find out what I can do for you.
• Fatigue and poor energy Feeling sluggish by day and restless by night can often mean you’re suffering from adrenal fatigue. I take a comprehensive look into your lifestyle and diet to determine if adrenal fatigue or stress is the cause of your not feeling 100%. Food allergies and sensitivities can also be the cause of fatigue and low energy levels. We can perform an extensive, thorough food sensitivity test that will indicate where a problem may lie.
• Depression and Neurological With so many Australians being overworked, it’s no wonder that anxiety and depression are escalating. By studying your diet and lifestyle, as well as performing hormone and stress level tests, we can determine the underlying cause of your depression and anxiety and learn to eradicate the triggers so you no longer need to suffer.
• Poor immunity Suffering from cold sores, hay fever, regular colds and flu doesn’t have to be a normal part of your life. Certain dietary changes and supplement plans can help build up your immunity so you no longer have to worry about the next dreaded cold sore outbreak.
• Digestive health Digestive complaints cover a range of health conditions including bloating, constipation, flatulence, indigestion, gastric reflux, gastric ulcers, bad breath, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) and diverticulitis disease. These conditions are directly related to the food we eat. My aim is to identify the underlying factors that may be contributing to your digestive symptoms. This may include food sensitivities, dysbiosis, H-Pylori, nutrient deficiencies, inflammation, heavy metal toxicity, intestinal permeability and more. The good news is that these can be improved with food and nutrients.
• Women’s Health Nutrition plays a huge role in alleviating PMS, Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and menopausal symptoms. We women tend to grow up thinking symptoms of PMS and menopause are a natural part of being the fairer sex. What is so often overlooked is that your nutrition intake and lifestyle can greatly affect your signs and symptoms, and the right nutrition and lifestyle can alleviate any problems you may be experiencing. PCOS can be linked with insulin resistance, elevated cortisol levels and weight loss struggles. By incorporating the right nutrition and supplement plan these symptoms can be controlled, if not eradicated.
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia
• Medical Nutrition Tailoring the correct nutrition, diet and exercise plan to combat medically diagnosed conditions such as cardiovascular disease, hypertension, diabetes, and hypothyroidism.
More About Pip
Her passion lies in anti-aging, beauty and the aesthetics behind good nutrition while living a balanced lifestyle. Pip’s fresh insights into achieving beauty both inside and out using nutrition as the basis of health and well-being are always realistic and designed to work with people’s lives. Her advice is always relevant and do-able.
“The thing is – I get it. I get that we want to have it all – health, happiness, a great body, amazing skin, success, the perfect job, the perfect partner, the perfect life. I want to assist people in their anti-aging aspirations in a world that glorifies youth and degrades aging. And I understand that we want it all while sipping on a glass of wine and nibbling a piece of chocolate, which is why I’m a realist when it comes to anti-aging, health and longevity.
I do not believe in fad diets, calorie counting or extreme exercise regimes. My ambition is to help others achieve longevity and a healthy life balance by focusing on nutrient-dense whole foods, and their effects on our beauty both inside and out. I wholeheartedly believe that prevention is better than cure and try to teach my clients how to live a sustainable, beautiful, healthy existence without feeling deprived.”
Pip is the Health Editor for Australia’s fastest growing women’s website Flamingo Pink and is also regularly interviewed for health advice in Cleo, Cosmo, OK, Marie Claire, Women’s Fitness and NW magazines.
Pip is a post-graduate qualified, certified and registered nutritionist, having completed her three year Advanced Diploma in Nutritional Medicine, 500 clinic hours, her Certificates III and IV in Fitness and Personal Training and her YogaFit instructor certification, as well as an undergraduate Bachelor of Business. She is a registered and certified nutritionist and a member of the Australian Natural Therapists Association
Consultations, fee structure & rebates
Please visit call the Double Bay practice for the current rates for Dietetic & Nutrition consultations.
Our cancellation policy
For individual appointments and groups, we ask that you give us at least 24hrs notice for all cancellations or rescheduling of your appointments. A cancellation fee of 100% of the fee may be charged for missed appointments or appointments which are cancelled or rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice.
It is not our aim to make profits from cancellation fees, rather to make sure those appointment times are kept available for others who need them, and in order that you respect your dietitian’s time.
We do appreciate that, in some circumstances, short notice may occasionally be unavoidable, and discretion will be exercised in such cases.