About Sports Lab Pilates
We now offer Pilates in Alexandria, Drummoyne and Double Bay! We also have some great, new pilates services, including Clinical pilates and Cadillac pilates, as well as our classic Mat-based pilates.
Over the years Pilates has proven to be a superior exercise system that allows each and every one of us to explore the benefits of increased flexibility, strength and centering. It is excellent for releasing tension and stress from the body as well as rebalancing muscles to prevent pain and injury. Over time, you gain knowledge and awareness of your body’s capabilities, developing a mindful, educated approach to exercise, creating balance and freedom of movement for your body.
Focused around the benefits of a strong abdominal area, Pilates helps to achieve a stable and grounded base from which your body can move freely.
- Reducing tension and stress
- Increasing abdominal strength and tone
- Correcting posture and alignment
- Improving flexibility
- Toning and strengthening the body
- Resolving on-going pain
- Relieving muscular and joint discomfort
- Creating balance to prevent injury
- Postural awareness and correction
- Injury prevention and recovery
- Dance and sport specific training
- Pre and post natal health
- General strength training
Sports Lab has several pilates instructors that are specialised in certain fields, including:
- Clinical Pilates
- Mat-based Pilates
- Equipment based Pilates
- Pilates for Vocalists