About Sports Lab Chiropractic
Sports Lab Chiropractors are government-registered healthcare professionals who have completed a minimum of 5-year full-time University Masters Degrees and/or Doctorates. They are qualified in the medical sciences as well as radiology, neurology, biomechanics, orthopaedics and rehabilitation. Chiropractic is the only discipline that studies the neuromuscular system for 5 years at university.
What is Chiropractic?
Sports Lab Chiropractors have expertise in diagnosing and treating the neuromusculoskeletal system, specialising in spine-related disorders that may include:
- Neck and back pain
- Disc disease
- Trauma, accident and injury (ie. whiplash or sporting injuries)
- Jaw pain
- Pins and needles
Normally the nervous system, muscles and joints function well together – the nervous system controls and monitors muscle and joint function. Pain or injury can cause, or result from dysfunction in the neuromusculoskeletal system.
This may result in:
- Reduced muscle control
- Joint instability
- Compensatory postures or movements
- Reduced range and quality of joint movements
- Joint degeneration
- Secondary injuries
- Difficulty sleeping
- Stress and mood changes
- Difficulty doing daily activities involving work, family, socialising, sport or training
Chiropractic Consultation Process
A Sports Lab Chiropractic consultation starts with a comprehensive investigation and diagnosis of your problem. Your treatment options and prognosis will be discussed, and the best treatment plan to manage the problem.
Our primary treatment aim is to get you out of pain and functioning better.
Our secondary aim is to reduce the likelihood and severity of recurrence.
Treating neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction aims to:
- Reduce pain
- Reduce reliance upon anti-inflammatory or analgesic medications, when appropriate
- Improve muscle control
- Improve coordination
- Improve joint stability
- Prevent joint degeneration
- Improve functional movements
- Eliminate compensatory postures and movements
- Improve range and quality of joint movements
- Prevent secondary injuries
- Improve sleeping patterns
- Improve mood
- Reduce stress on your body
- Improve participation in daily activities
Sports Lab Chiropractic treatments are based upon high quality contemporary scientific research, to achieve the fastest and best possible outcome for you. We are trained and experienced in a wide range of manual treatment methods, such as adjustments (manipulations), mobilisations, muscle releases, dry needling and rehabilitation techniques. We only use techniques that are safe and effective. Your response to treatment, and progress is monitored to ensure the best outcome for you.
At Sports Lab we have a specifically equipped rehabilitation area where your Chiropractor can guide you through a tailored program to help you achieve:
- Greater postural and functional strength and endurance
- Improved coordination and balance
- Improved stability
- Safe and efficient movement patterns
- Protection of your spine and other joints
This reduces the likelihood and severity of recurrence. Exercises and stretches are designed so that you can easily do them at home or at work. Rehabilitation is combined with advice to promote proactive, preventative health strategies for postural and functional spine care.
…so that you can be at your best.
“A chiropractor focusses on the link between spinal structure & function”-
Physiotherapy at Sports Lab also offers the opportunity for our unique integrated assessment and treatment system. In this system, patients have the option to be assessed (at the same time) by Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Muscle Therapy and Podiatry, in the one extra long session. Treatment is then based on consensus between therapists for the optimal result.1